LOCATING YOUR DEBTOR
Skip Tracing services for Debt Collection
What is skip tracing in debt collection?
In simple terms, skip tracing (skiptracing) is the process of finding someone who has “skipped” town or departed, sometimes in a hurry, leaving minimal clues behind as to their new location. The person being located is the “person of interest” (POI) who prefers not to be found. This is common in debt collection when the contact information on an account is no longer valid.
To “trace the skip” to a new location is basically an investigative technique that finds skips (people who have skipped out on their financial obligations). It is also sometimes called “debtor recovery”.
Please note: In compliance with the Australian law, no information is given to outside parties other than that we are attempting to locate the consumer.
We respect the privacy of every individual and we only obtain information which is allowable by law and operate within the scope of legal investigation regulations. We maintain our procedures in line with current industry regulations and adhere strictly to their guidelines.
Debt recovery resources include:
- Local government records
- Mortgage records
- Lender/lein holder records
- Phone number databases
- Credit reports (including information provided on a loan application, credit card application, and in other debt collector databases)
- Job application information
- Criminal background checks
- Utility bills (electricity, gas, water, sewage, phone, Internet, and cable)
- Drivers License / Passport
- Disability and public tax information.